posted Nov 26, 2012, 11:12 AM by Ashutosh Sabharwal
The group we'll target is ECE + friends and family
Committee members present:
Things we need to figure out:
- explain program
- track points
- Sections: "looking for an exercise buddy", "willing to mentor" - allow people to add themselves
- Launch Party - Carrie + Aida
- Recruitment - signup sheet, other details?
- Registration: get a detailed description of their current state and goals:
goal definition, list of things you already do, list of things you want to try, initial fitness test
- Group formation - suggest group goals
- mentoring component to help achieve goals
- Tracking progress - points system to promote both the personal and social elements of working out
- personal goals
- competitive among groups
- Carrie suggests: provide sample goals to get people started. Ashu suggests everyone on the planning committee contribute 3,4 goals. Goals can be either getting better at something, OR learning something new
- OWLympics - end of semester
- Plan during the semester by polling participants
- Can we get digital IRB consent?
- Carrie - should the program expand to include both physical and mental well being?
- For all: contribute ideas for personal/group goals (getting together, learning new material)
- Logo - Eva will take lead
- T-shirt design - Eva
- Website - Hang, Mike D.
- IRB - Rajoshi + Ashu + Surbhi
- Web material
- Publicity - Oscar
- Points system - Jingwen, Rajoshi
- Mentoring - Mark, Sam
- Sam - suggests that the OWLympics committee contacts clubs & requests clinics, then has the responsibility for actually hosting goes to the specific student club
- Surbhi - mentors should be people who can just help you try something out without 'looking dumb' or being confused
- Group goals - Chad, Aida
- Names on the leaderboard: only thing visible publicly is points, not activities
- What is visible to others? Make this an option.
- Do you want to see the leaderboard? Make it an option.
- Points assignment to groups:
- Level up! Points can move you up! To another arbitrary level!